Development of Regulatory Documentation
JSC “VO “Safety” renders services related to assistance in creation of the regulatory and legal framework (legislative development) in atomic energy use in the newcomer countries just embarking on nuclear power development. Such activities comprise:
- analysis of the actual regulatory and legal framework in the these countries in order to fill the regulatory gaps in the field of safe use of atomic energy;
- assistance in development of regulatory requirements for nuclear safety and security, and safeguards assurance at the level of common mandatory documents applied by the Regulator;
- assistance in development of documents regulating activities carried out by the supervisory authority.
Analysis of current regulatory and legal framework related to safety against compliance with the best international and Russian practice at all stages of NF life cycle:
- NF siting;
- NF design;
- NF construction and commissioning;
- NF operation;
- NF decommissioning.
Analysis of current regulatory and legal framework in order to find regulatory gaps in the following areas:
- physical protection of the nuclear facility and nuclear materials;
- accounting and control of nuclear materials;
- spent nuclear fuel and radioactive waste management.
Assistance in development of requirements for nuclear safety assurance at the level of common mandatory documents (safety guides) applied by the Regulator. Assistance in development of documents regulating activities carried out by the supervisory authority.
JSC “VO “Safety” rendered services related to assistance in establishing the regulatory and legal framework in the Islamic Republic of Iran for the National Nuclear Safety Department (NNSD).
24 documents were developed within 2012-2014 including:
- Guideline on arrangement and performance of safety assessment and risk management reviews.
- Instruction on implementation of safety supervision when performing nuclear hazardous activities at BNPP-1.
Negotiations are currently underway with a number of countries needing elaboration of the regulatory documentation.