Review of Documentation for Foreign Customers in the Framework of Projects on Russia-Designed NPP Construction Abroad
The following documents are subjected to review:
- safety analysis (safety case) documentation during siting, construction, commissioning and operation of the Russia-designed NPPs constructed abroad including the special aspects of safety analysis;
- operating documentation including operating manuals, emergency operating instructions and procedures, operating documentation of the equipment and product manufacturers, as well as documentation for commissioning of foreign NPPs;
- topical reports on the specific aspects related to NF safety.
JSC “VO “Safety” has long been involved in review activities within the projects on construction of the Russia-designed NPPs abroad. They comprise:
- Bushehr NPP (Iran);
- Akkuyu NPP (Turkey);
- Rooppur NPP (Bangladesh).
Pursuant to the Contract with INRA (NSSD) within the period since commencement of operations on completion of BNPP-1 construction, a set of activities on review of the unit safety analysis documentation, pre-commissioning programs, operating instructions and reports on specific safety aspects was implemented, including the following:
- Preliminary Safety Analysis Report for Bushehr NPP Unit 1 was reviewed at the construction stage;
- Final Safety Analysis Report and PSA-1 for Bushehr NPP Unit 1 were reviewed at the stage of the unit commissioning;
- FSAR for Bushehr NPP Unit 1 in terms of its content update taking into account the results of the unit commissioning (the results of pre-commissioning activities and technical decisions made) and the revised PSA-1 were reviewed at the stage of operation;
- Programs of the main stages of the unit commissioning, as well as programs of individual functional tests and comprehensive tests of systems and equipment;
- Process Regulations of the Unit Safe Operation, emergency instructions (emergency operating instructions and BDBA management manual), as well as operating instructions for systems and equipment.
The Contract between JSC “VO “Safety” and the Akkuyu Nuclear as the customer of the Akkuyu NPP construction and the licensee envisages review of safety analysis documents for Akkuyu NPP Unit 1. The review was conducted in the framework of preparation of the Akkuyu Nuclear application documents’ set for submitting to the Turkish Atomic Energy Authority in order to obtain a construction license. JSC “VO “Safety” reviewed the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) for Akkuyu NPP Unit 1. Following the review, the specialists of JSC “VO “Safety” issued the review reports on the chapters and discussed the results of review of the mentioned PSAR chapters with the document developers and the Akkuyu Nuclear. PSA Level 1 for Akkuyu NPP Unit 1 was additionally reviewed.
A set of review activities was conducted since the beginning of implementation of the Contract with the Bangladesh Atomic Energy Regulatory Authority (BAERA). JSC “VO “Safety” conducted the following review activities:
- review of the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) within the scope of application documents for siting of Rooppur NPP Units 1 and 2. Following the review, BAERA issued the Rooppur NPP siting license;
- review of the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) within the scope of application documents for design and construction of Rooppur NPP Unit 1. Following the review, BAERA issued a relevant license.
The following review activities were conducted in 2018:
- review of technical reports on soil stabilization under the main buildings of Rooppur NPP Units 1 and 2;
- review of the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) and PSA Level 1 for Rooppur NPP Unit 1 in the framework of the application for the full-scope license for design and construction;
- review of the Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) within the scope of application documents for design and construction of Rooppur NPP Unit 2. Following the review, a limited license for Rooppur NPP Unit 2 construction was issued;
- review of the Program to Implement Corrections of the Review and the updated Preliminary Safety Analysis Report (PSAR) for Rooppur NPP Unit 1 for the stage of construction.